Friday, September 19, 2008

Hat Attack and other stuff

Hat Attack started this week. As I did in Sock Wars I, my weapon was mailed the very next day (let's all hear it for night shifters!!). Unfortunately, I've discovered I am allergic to Therapi. Let's all hope I'm killed off soon, before the yarn gets me.

I'm desperately searching for my Scarf Style book. I want to knit something out of it with the other 2 skeins of Knitters Without Borders. Other 2 skeins you ask? Yes, well, there's an interesting story behind my getting away from the Yarn Harlot's visit to Portland in April with 3 (yes, 3) skeins of this limited edition yarn. You see, I was sitting there, minding my own business, and bought my 1 skein, like a good girl. But the bad girl in me wanted more. She discovered that the lady sitting next to me was not going to buy any. Bad girl talked nice new knitter into purchasing one for her (I paid for the yarn, of course). Then, during the night, a lovely announcement was made, stating that there was still more yarn, and if we wanted to purchase another skein we could, so I did. Three, one became socks, but the other 2 I want to make into a body-less sleeve and neck scarf for riding my bike in the cooler weather.

Does anyone know where I put my book?

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Hi! You killed my assassin, so I need to send my wip to you. I'll pm you on Ravelry too, but I saw your blog on there and thought I'd try you here too. Can I get your address so I can send my hat to you? I'm also allergic to Therapi. I coughed non-stop for a couple of days.
Thanks!
Pamela
pcmcmahon@gmail.com