Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Yule knitting is done, and almost all delivered. The last bit gets dropped off tomorrow. There was this whole snow thing....

Here's the tally:
angora socks for Mom
DIC Shrug for Em
hat and mittend for Jake
socks for honey and me
socks for S&M
hats for J (for after the brain surgery)


Now I'm knitting for me. I've started the Pentagon sweater from Knitting Nature by Norah G. I'm changing it up a bit by knitting the body in a rib instead of stockinette. It think it will fit the curves better. I'll let you know. Oh, and the yarn showed up today for my Diamonds jacket from Knitpicks. Auburn yarn. It's going to be yummy, I just know it.

First, I need to cast on Nate's socks. He's Em's guy and I just learned his birthday is the 2nd. Yep, like the day after tomorrow. I think they're going to be late. It's not my fault he's got size 13 feet and lives 1500 miles away. (okay, maybe the distance part is my fault..)

2 comments:

Kaarenb said...

Hi Mikki: I noticed you made the DIC shrug. Did you use the worsted weight? Did it fit? I am trying to knit one and think, contrary to the pattern photo, that there can't be a sleeve seam. I think I have to stop close to the ribbing. Do you have any comments about this?

Cheers,

kaaren beaver

Mikki Rhodes-Gloor said...

I knit the DIC shrug out of BMFA Woobu (lovely to work with, great worste) I followed the directions as written. It fit beautifully, just not my style. Em loved it!! I hope she sends me pics soon.