Thursday, March 16, 2017


Just Like Starting Over...

It's been too long; a hard, crazy, chaotic couple of years. Let me recap:

  • we moved to Tucson, ostensibly to be near family, but also because of the weather
  • we bought a house - nothing quite so humbling as discovering exactly how much yarn you have, and then figuring out where to put it. Oh, and for the record, I do not like palm trees or dogs. I do love my tangerine and apple trees, though. 
  • Did you know tangerine blossoms almost smell like jasmine?
  • I discovered that knitting is not a top priority in the Desert Southwest. Let's be real, who really needs wool socks in 90°F heat?
  • night shift is a survival tactic in the desert - if it's good enough for the coyotes, it's good enough for me
  • I have more writing ideas than I can keep up with - working on a viable outlining solution - right now I'm working on a hybridization of the Randy Ingermanson's Snowflake Method and Lisa Cron's Story Genius - they mesh well together. I'll let you know how it works out.
  • the Compassion Project is about 75% written - yes, you read that right, 3/4 of the way there. I'm into the meat of the project. Wish me luck
  • I have discovered a wealth of support and chaos that is family
  • Hubs has two books doing rather well, and is writing a third and fourth. He is play testing regularly.
  • Tucson has a strong writing culture, including a somewhat active NaNoWriMo group - I will be attending camp in April and am hoping to us that time to finish the first draft of the the Compassion Project
Sounds busy, right? You betcha. We have a few straggling boxes left to unpack, two sets of curtains to hang, and built-in book shelves to create. 

So close, and yet, so far...

No comments: