Friday, July 29, 2011

Sock Summit - Day one

It was a less than normal Thursday as we started Sock Summit. I was fortunate enough to get a slot in Judith Mackenzie's Gentle Art of Spinning Socks. One problem, my drive band had been brutally mauled by a small someone who shall remain nameless. Cute, but nameless. So I decided to take spindles. Well, Judith offered me the use of her wheel. Wow! She worked with us as a group and each of us individually. I made sock yarn!!! We also played with combs, hackles, silk (3 kinds), blends, blending, twist, tension. I'm in love with making sock yarn. And I made some! One problem, I forgot to take pictures. Maybe I'll get that part right today. I'm back for more.

Lunch was with Emma, she was a kid in a candy shop. After class we hit the market place. She's never been to something like this before. We had a blast. BTW - Gothsocks sold out in less than an hour.

Also, I seem to have caught a cold, it's improving since I got some sleep, but I feel like crap. Two classes today - Morphing Cables and Hizsocks. Lunch with Lorain. Fun, Fun, Fun.

No comments: