Saturday, May 2, 2009

Flying Monkeys

Be Warned:






It finally happened. I got some flying monkeys!!











First, you take the Funkey Sock Monkey pattern from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. (This is the small version - Muddy Bottom Breakdown and an unknown leftover colorway).








Then you add wings. I used the pattern for the ears from Ysolda's Elijah.






Aren't monkey butts great?


Emma and Sarah, you get to stop reading here. I mean it.

Finally, the shawls are done and wrapped, ready to go into the mail.




First we have S's shawl, Aeolian from Knitty, in a lovely blueberry La Barufa merino lace weight with aquamarine beads. This shawl took about 3 weeks to knit. I did not finish it in time for the wedding. I hope she likes it.










Finally, after several months of work, we have E's shawl. It is the Veil of Isis from BadCat Designs, knit out of Zephyr with clear beads. It was originally ivory in color, but I dyed it very light sage green, at E's request.














Next post: Sockarama, baby

PS: Never underestimate the importance of estrogen. Just let me say WOW! I feel human for the first time in months.

2 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

OMG!! I just love the flying monkey!! So cute!

Moon Torbett said...

Two things:
1) You have my attention; I can't wait to see the clapotis in that yarn!
2) I used to have one of those mini-bumperstickers on my locker at work that said, "Don't make me get my flying monkeys!" I love that you actually made one - brilliant!