Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Where I finally catch the Clap...


I mean Clapotis, of course. Where did your brain go?

So this is what Clapotis looks like in Malabrigo sock, Violeta Africana.

I like the way this yarn knit up. It used a mere 153 grams (about 1.5 skeins) and yeilded a wrap that is 22 in wide and 84 inches long on a side of the parallelogram. While I do not appreciate MalSock for socks (no body), I love it for shawls.

Blocking is a dream with this stuff. It's like a 2-dollar whore, you get it wet and it just lays down. (apologies to anyone that is offended). It is just so easy to block and has a wonderful drape. I wonder if this is because this yarn is spun woolen, whereas most sock yarns are spun worsted. Hmmmm.....

Now on the needles: Desert Sun in MS Botticelli Red, Jeanie in Smooshy Dusty Aura, various socks and Juno Regina out of the rest of the MS in the Violeta colorway.

My new fashion statement, in case you haven't figured it out, involved lace shawls and wraps. I just can't get enough right now.

No comments: